Friday, March 6, 2009

To everything, Turn, Turn, Turn.

Transition.
Synonyms - alteration, changeover, conversion, development, evolution, flux, growth, metamorphosis. The context of this blog.
Over the past few months have been a time of transition for me. I have gone from being daily taught the Word of God, by (in my opinion) heroes of the faith, to living at home, to moving into a new apartment (Tomorrow).
Today is my last day of work here at Computer Connections, and tomorrow begins a new journey, one that completes this transition. I always get so sentimental when I leave one place and go to a new. Rex Gutwein, one of my greatest friends and mentors said this about transitions: "Life is a lot like a cup that you fill up with geographical comforts. Friends, experiences, etc... and when you leave that place it's almost as if you pour your cup out. Although this is a sentimental time, it's inevitable that you will fill that cup again with new friends, and new experiences, and eventually will be just as sad to leave the new place as you were to leave the last." Good words Rex. So tomorrow I am going to be filling up my cup again with new friends and experiences. I hope that I can fill it with Sangria.
If you're bored check this band out!

Also: due to recent encouragement, I hope to be posting more regularly.
Last of all: here's an old picture that has recently been discovered.

2 comments:

Tamara said...

Yeah! You updated! Good stuff, David. Just remember as you fill your cup again, not to forget those you dumped out of it. :)

Mize said...

What exactly does posting more regularly mean??? this all seems a bit outdated...but such AWESOME stuff! wow - the thinker among us!