Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Bolivar "The Liberator"

As I gradually mature, I find that I am more and more interested in history. Mainly history I have no idea about. For instance: the war of 1812. FASCINATING! Did you know that in 1812 the British retook Detroit? How wild is that? Also I enjoyed reading about this guy today. Simon Bolivar "The Liberator." He's worth reading about, although will most likely never come up in conversation unless we are sitting down together in an intimate setting talking about the liberation of Latin America from Spain, then you better believe we will be talking all about him!
It's articles like this that make me wonder...Did any teachers throughout college or highschool ever mention this guy? Was I too checked out to remember?
Also speaking of public education, I heard a guy on the radio say "If your kids like their teacher, they are suffering from stockholm symdrome. Needless to say he was against public education, and recommended some fancy book which, if read, would talk you out of sending your children there. I however work in public schools everyday, and I think they're aight.



1 comment:

Tamara said...

Lame. You never blog.