Friday, May 22, 2009

Change of thought

I find it very interesting how my thoughts have changed about things from when I was in Bibleschool. Particularly finances. Today I checked my finances and was concerned that I "only had a several hundred dollars," as opposed to when I was in Bible school it was a "Wow! I have several hundred dollars!" Also I have noticed a change in movie habits. Things that didnt' bother me now do. For better or for worse, I'm not sure that I can ever enjoy Pulp Fiction again, or I heart Huckabees etc...But alas, I am better for it and what a blessing it is to be able to see growth. BTW this is just growth in 2 small areas ok, I can see growth in my time at the BI in hundreds of ways! Just a little update I thought was interesting.
David

PS. Last night I was reading and was doing some thinking about Adam and had 2 interesting thoughts. 
1.) If Adam and Eve had children while in heaven, they would have been born without the sin nature. Once Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit, would their children have been banned from Eden as well? I'm actually leaning toward the fact that they didn't have any children before the Fall. 
2.) Adam lived for 930 years. Lets think about this. If Adam died this year, that means he would have been born in 1079! He would have been alive through some Crusades, the dark ages, the discovery of the "new world" (now called: home) Colonization of America, the Renaissance, America's independence, the French and Indian war, the civil war, WWI, WWII, the invention of cars, the re-institution of Israel, the Civil rights movement, the invention of the computer, and lastly, the election of America's first bi-racial president. That seems like it could be a pretty full life. 

No comments: