Friday, June 5, 2009

The Decemberists





A few posts ago, I went into detail about a new album that I have really fallen in love with. That album is The Decemberists - The Hazards of Love. If you read my earlier post you would know that it was an entire "folk-opera" complete with different voices for characters. Well last night I was able to go see the Decemberists live in Raleigh, NC. It was one of the early tour dates that they are doing in which they are performing their entire new cd in its entirety. If you think to yourself: "Self! This is amazing! I wish I could hear that amazing album live in its entirety for myself!" Well you can! This link was recorded from the soundboard and aired live over NPR. I cannot even tell you how unbelievable this show was. The Decemberists had all of the members for the various parts in costume and singing and somewhat acting their parts out. After they had played through all 17 tracks of their new cd, they took a break and came back out to play some older songs! Then they did something that I have always dreamed would happen to me. They pulled people from the audience and let them play their instruments! Ever since I was a little boy at Hardee's Walnut Creek with my dad and Phillip Neuhart watching Lynryd Synyrd I have wanted to be pulled on stage and allowed to play with the band. Some little 12 year old kid and highschool girl last night just had their lives MADE.
Here are some pictures that I took.
First I will say that I was fascinated by this light. I have always been a fan of light rays and these last night were beautiful! I wonder if there are visible light rays coming from the Lord in heaven? I hope so, it's one of the most beautiful things I know of.

On another note, the accordion player in the band last night was unbelievable! Wow.

All in all it was a fantastic night. I got to see an amazing band, put on an amazing show and I had amazing seats! I also got to see friends I haven't seen in years, and some that I see all the time. It is totally worth being tired today!
David

No comments: