Monday, June 1, 2009

Summer Happenings


Summer means so many things to all of us. We look forward to so many different things. We look forward to getting out of school, going to the beach, flowers, summer lovin ( had me a blast ). I used to look forward to swim team, being in the woods all day making forts and having bamboo sword fights. Now I look forward to summer because of the hobos. I know it is summer time because in the last several days I have seen the travelers start to emerge. Saturday I saw 2 hitchikers, and today I saw a train hopper. I wrote this in my journal after I saw him, "Once you ride the rails the love for them will never go away; neither will the silent call of the tracks or the beckoning whistle of a passing engine go unnoticed."
That made me think of a much better quote said by the king of Hobos himself A-no 1: "When I started out the wanderlust was upon me and I enjoyed the zest of adventure. Later I travelled because it became a habit with me, and now, although I hate the life I travel because I cannot stop." A-no 1

Here's to the unforgettable experience of hitching and hopping across the
country with Mark, and a shout out to the people whom we met along the way who changed our lives.
(And to Funky who is not pictured here but is one of my best friends in the world)

I have always been a fan of sad songs, sad stories, especially sad love stories and increasingly more I am loving very emotional songs, and if they are about settling down and starting a family that is even better. (Since that is the point where I am at in my life) So here is a song that is about that and is very emotional. It's by Des Ark and I think it's beautiful.


Enjoy!

David

ps. Also yesterday I got out of my car at the ending of a song. I was at my house for several hours and got back into my car at the beginning of the EXACT SAME SONG. Weird huh?




No comments: